- The airfield had a main runway 6,000 ft in length.
- Aligned SW-NE and two secondary runways of 4,200 ft in length.
- The runways were 50 yards wide. They had a depth of 6-8 inches, constructed in concrete over a hardcore base.
- A perimeter track encircling the airfield was 3.5 miles long, 50 yards wide.
- 50 concrete hardstands were build off the perimeter track along with an additional hardstand off the short runway, used when additional parking was required.
- During Construction 18,000 tons of dry cement & 96,000 tons of aggregate were used.
- 50 miles of drainage and cable pipes were laid.
The Airfield had the following buildings:
- Two T2 hangars located one on each side of the airfield.
- Hangars: 120ft wide, 240ft long, 39ft high.
- The control tower, used for all operational flying aspects of the bomb group including flying control, signals and weather.
- Key buildings included: Bombsight storage, Sick quarters, Theatre, Mess halls, Officers and Enlisted men clubs, Chapel, Briefing room and barracks for each of the squadrons and the support groups.
- Other small buildings were constructed for various group administration functions.
Other Airfield information
- Home to the 448th Bomb group flying the B24 Liberator.
- Station Code : 146
- ID code : SE
- OS Grid reference: TM315955